U.S. Congressman Chris Smith
“I know you believe a better day is coming, but it will come sooner rather than later, if we do our part in the congress to speak out, with a clear voice, on behalf of Falun Gong.”
U.S. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee
“I believe in religious freedom for all people, and I do believe that there must be a response to people who die or are missing, because only of what they believe... We believe that China must also stand up to accept the fact that we cannot have a constant persecution of people who just want to worship, or to be able to be with the Falun Gong family...Your injustice is ours, and that means that we will not give up... We will never, never, never give up. What we should say is not on our watch, not on our watch, not on our watch! Falun Gong must go forward in strength, humanity, power, and victory.”
U.S. Congressman Steve Chabot
“The Chinese Communist Party is truly barbaric. Wrongful imprisonment, so-called “reeducation” — brainwashing, really — torture, forced organ harvesting, and murder are the tools they use to stifle the Falun Gong movement… Now they are doing the same things to Uyghurs. Such tactics have no place in a civilized society. Yet they are commonplace in Communist China...No government, much less the Chinese Communist Party, has the right to deny anyone freedom of religion. As long as I'm still in Congress, I, and many of my colleagues, both republicans and democrats, will fight for your right to practice freely in China.”
Gayle Manchin, Chair of United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF)
“In 2015, the Chinese government claimed it had banned the practice of forcibly harvesting organs from prisoners, including those of Falun Gong that have been imprisoned for their beliefs. However, last month, an independent tribunal of experts and human rights advocates found credible evidence that the practice continues to this day. This is truly a disturbing allegation and one that we hope the U.S. government will investigate thoroughly...The Chinese government tries to hide its crime from the international community, but your willingness to speak the truth has exposed those lies for the world to see. It is because of your spirit and energy that people like you, despite the current challenges, make us all ultimately hopeful about the religious freedom in China.”
Annie Boyajian, Director of Advocacy at Freedom House
“Falun Gong believers in China have responded to CCP persecution with tenacity, nonviolence, and creativity... Facing the world's most sophisticated censorship and surveillance system, Falun Gong practitioners have proven particularly adept at not only developing new workarounds to preserve access to information, free speech, and data privacy, but also at disseminating them at the grassroots level.”
Dr. Katrina Lantos Swett, President of the Lantos Foundation for Human Rights and Justice
“I have such admiration for you. You really are a sort of light shining in the darkness. And by the dignified, the courageousness, and the unyielding way in which you have responded to the terror unleased on you, you truly are a model and an example to all the world.”
Fairfax County Board Motion on Organ Harvesting in China
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in Virginia passed a motion on July 16, 2019, to alert local residents about traveling to China for organ transplant surgeries. Board members put forward the motion because Falun Gong practitioners and other prisoners of conscience in China have become victims of forced organ harvesting, and the board felt that local Fairfax residents and local medical staff needed to become aware of that.
U.S Congressional Resolutions (pertaining to Falun Gong)
- H.Con.Res.218 (November 18, 1999) – Expressing the sense of the Congress that the Government of the People’s Republic of China should stop its persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
- H.Con.Res.188 (July 24, 2002) – Expressing the sense of Congress that the Government of the People’s Republic of China should cease its persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
- H.Con.Res.304 (October 16, 2003) – Expressing the sense of Congress regarding oppression by the Government of the People’s Republic of China of Falun Gong in the United States and in China.
- H.Res.605 (March 16, 2010) – Recognizing the continued persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China on the 11th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party campaign to suppress the Falun Gong spiritual movement and calling for an immediate end to the campaign to persecute, intimidate, imprison, and torture Falun Gong practitioners.
- H.Res.343 (June 13, 2016) – Expressing concern regarding persistent and credible reports of systematic, state-sanctioned organ harvesting from non-consenting prisoners of conscience in the People’s Republic of China, including from large numbers of Falun Gong practitioners and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups.
In addition to Congressional attention, the Department of State’s annual religious freedom report and Congressional-Executive Commission on China’s annual report have regularly detailed large scale arbitrary detentions, sexual abuses, tortures, and deaths of Falun Gong practitioners at the hands of Chinese security agencies. They have also closely followed threats to Falun Gong practitioners’ rights in Hong Kong and Macau, including instances of discrimination and restrictions on entry into the territories.
For more worldwide support, see here.